- Exposure to radiofrequency radiation from wireless phones is associated to and both glioma (tumour of the brain) and acoustic neuroma and affects the reproductive health of both men and women.
- Honeybees, were exposed to these frequencies, with detrimental effects on their behaviour and health.
- There is sufficient evidence of adverse effects on male rat and mouse fertility.
- “Radiation from Wi-Fi networks is harmful to trees, causing significant variations in growth, as well as bleeding and fissures in the bark, according to a recent study in the Netherlands.
- Canadian researchers estimate,mobile phones and wireless devices will account for 3.5 percent of annual global carbon emissions that by next year.
- Part of the 5G plan entails deploying 100,000 satellites, which need to be renewed every five years.
- As the electronic waste industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, 5G is paving the way for electronic disposal to be more necessary than ever.
- LiveSAFE™ offers you a series of products that may be used in your homes to help protect you and your loved ones from electromagnetic radiation
There is already convincing evidence that 3G and 4G cause harm to wildlife, in particular, our birds and pollinating insects such as bees who use electromagnetic fields for navigation and migration and may be an important factor in colony collapse disorder.The reason why many people condemn 5G is the fact that 5G uses extremely high frequency waves that lie between several hundred megahertz and tens of gigahertz. Due to which, these waves do not travel long distances, like 4G. Hence, antennas must be erected closer to each other to provide clear 5G reception.
- In 2011, 30 international scientists, who are part of the working group of the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), met to assess the risk of developing cancer as a result of exposure to RF-EMFs.
Frequency range(FR)(450 to 6 000 MHz): New studies following the 2011 IARC evaluation showed a positive association between RF-EMF and tumours of the brain and Schwann cells of the peripheral nervous system. Exposure to radiofrequency radiation from wireless phones is associated to and both glioma (tumour of the brain) and acoustic neuroma.
- Reproductive/developmental effects
FR (450 to 6 000 MHz): There is sufficient evidence of adverse effects on the fertility of men. There is evidence of adverse effects on fertility in women. There is evidence of developmental effects in embryos, foetuses and new-borns of mothers who were heavy users of mobile phones during pregnancy.
- Impact of 5G on Insects, Birds and Animals
If the bee disappeared off the face of the Earth, human would only have four years left to live.
- A 2018 study showed how the shorter wavelengths in higher frequencies are absorbed more easily by insects’ bodies, creating a heating effect. There were increases in absorbed power up to 37% when the insects, including honeybees, were exposed and observed detrimental effects on their behaviour and health.
- In a 2010 study, researchers “compared the performance of honeybees in cell phone radiation exposed and unexposed colonies. A significant decline in colony strength and in the egg laying rate of the queen was observed, neither honey nor pollen in the colony at the end of the experiment.”
- A 2018 report claimed that a 5G network test caused the death of hundreds of birdsin the Netherlands.
- A 2013 review of 113 peer-reviewed studies showed that in 70% of the studies, wireless radiation had a significant effect on birds, insects, other vertebrates, other organisms and plants. The greatest impact was on development and reproduction of birds and insects.
- Cancer in experimental animals
FR (450 to 6 000 MHz): There is sufficient evidence in experimental animals of the carcinogenicity of RF radiation.
- Reproductive/developmental effects
FR (450 to 6000 MHz): There is sufficient evidence of adverse effects on male rat and mouse fertility. There is limited evidence of adverse effects on female mouse fertility and the development of offspring in rats and mice exposed during embryo life.
- According to the study by a TU Delft University, Wageningen University, and other institutions, “Radiation from Wi-Fi networks is harmful to trees, causing significant variations in growth, as well as bleeding and fissures in the bark, according to a recent study in the Netherlands. All deciduous trees in the Western world are affected.
- In 2018-19, data centres for the Internet and the servers that power them, produced more carbon emissions than aviation. There has already been felling of thousands of healthy mature trees in areas earmarked for 5G, including along railway lines as Network Rail has plans for 5G across the entire rail network.
- The city of Alphen aan den Rijn ordered the study five years ago after officials found unexplained abnormalities on trees that couldn’t be ascribed to a virus or bacterial infection.
- In the Netherlands, about 70 percent of all trees in urban areas show the same symptoms, compared with only 10 percent five years ago. Radiation from Wi-Fi is also said to inhibit growth of corn cobs, though more work needs to be done to truly isolate the cause of these symptoms to Wi-Fi radiation and not just particulate pollution in the air
- By next year3.5% of annual global carbon emissions will come from Information and Communications Technology (ICT).
- By 204014% of worldwide emissions will be from ICT. Roughly equivalent to the percentage now attributable to the entire population of the United States.
- The numbers tell the story. Canadian researchers estimatethat by next year, information and communications technology (ICT) will account for 3.5 percent of annual global carbon emissions, a larger share than the aviation and shipping industries will account for.
- Satellite soot
Part of the 5G plan entails deploying 100,000 satellites, which need to be renewed every five years.
As well as irritating weather forecasters and astronomers these deposit black carbon and particles of alumina which are reported to warm the stratosphere and deplete the ozone layer.31
5G is paving the way for electronic disposal to be more necessary than ever.
- In order to fully take part in the 5G upgrade, most devices must be replaced in favour of faster-operating systems. With this in mind, 5G technology is going to require a massive change in our current IT infrastructure.
- Electronic waste cannot simply be thrown in a landfill. That is why we need to practice a no landfill policy to help circulate tech waste. With current practices, we can recycle salvageable parts of outdated technology to be repurposed in the expanding tech industry.
- As the electronic waste industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. Most solid waste does not carry the disadvantages associated with technological waste.
- Tech waste often contains harmful or radioactive materials that cause harm to people and the environment when not properly recycled or discarded.
- Consumer Impact
- Companies and consumers that will be upgrading to 5G need to be aware of the negative impacts electronic waste may have on the natural environment.
- When disposing of inactive devices, you will need to find a company experienced in handling and disposing of e-waste. We have made it our mission to provide safe and efficient services to properly dispose of and recycle old or outdated devices.
- The 5G revolution may appear to be the death of the 3G/4G phones but in actuality, it’s the beginning of global redistribution for these mobile phones and their components, that will greatly help bridge the technology gap around the world.
- In all, if ITAD and electronics recycling companies position themselves correctly, they can ride the 5G tidal wave and truly make a difference with global remarketing and component harvesting for years to come.
- Mobile Phones: The greatest threat
- The source of RF emissions that seems at present to pose the greatest threat is the mobile phone.
- The option of lowering RF-EMF exposure as much as possible in connection with telephones still applies whatever the frequencies, from 1G to 5G.
- Countries such as the USA and Canada, which enforced stricter mobile phone SAR limits than Europe, were still able to build efficient 2G, 3G, and 4G communications (Madjar, 2016).
- Since 5G aims to be more energy-efficient than the previous technologies, adopting stricter limits in the EU for mobile phone devices will be simultaneously a sustainable and precautionary approach.
Presently, 5G phones run out of battery quickly, which means more charging
Providers have even told users to switch 5G off to save battery life.
- What do Journals and Government bodies have to say?
- Governments and telecoms companies claim that RFR is safe, yet this is strongly contested by researchers. RF scientists have lobbied the World Health Organisation to categorise RFR as a Class 1 carcinogen.
- A 2021 piece in the British Medical Journalcalls for a halt to the 5G rollout and outlines a compendium of risks from RFR: reproductive, oncological, neuropsychiatric, and immunological, in addition to DNA alteration, and gene expression and antibiotic resistance risks.
- A 2018 article published in the influential medical journal The Lancetexplains that the idea that ‘non-ionising’ radiation is benign is an outdated myth.
- It is interesting to note that governments and industry rely on guidelines recommended by ICNIRP, a non-accountable body recently ruled biased by two EU courts and the object of an investigation by two MEPs.
- Wired solutions
- Organisations such as the Environmental Health Trust are pushing for increased use of wired solutions such as broadband and fibre optics in homes, schools and offices.
- Wired tech, maintain its proponents, is not only RFR-free but it uses less energy than wireless, is faster and more secure, and could better bridge the digital divide.
LiveSAFE provides you Green Life Solutions:
LiveSAFE™ offers you a series of products that may be used in your homes to help protect you and your loved ones from electromagnetic radiation (EMR). Choose the LiveSAFE™ way of life … your family deserves nothing less. LiveSAFE™ helps secure your home in three steps:
LiveSAFE™ Service Flow
|An expert-led assessment of your space to identify the source and evaluate areas of high and low EMR Exposure.
|A detailed report comprising EMR readings, analysis is offered for your consideration along with effective solutions.
|The recommended installations are made by trained LiveSAFE™ technicians, without affecting aesthetics or connectivity.
|An EMR evaluation is done by the experts to check the radiation level post-installation.